Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I just can't help myself...

Well... I went and did it! I bought more yarn. So much for being good with the Stash & Bust Along. I had already caved a few weeks back and bought my gorgeous skein of Sweet Georgia in the Paris colourway. I know exactly what it's destined for. After searching and searching for the perfect shawl pattern, I've settled on theJanet Lace Shawl from Knit Picks. I think it will suit the yarn perfectly seeing as it's a similar colour itself.

I had justified the Sweet Georgia with the fact that it was about to become very hard to get my hands on in light of her upcoming hiatus. However, I can't think of a single justification for my next self induced stash increase other than it was a great bargain. (I wish my mother's words would stop running through my head... It's not a bargain if you don't actually need it. Hush, Mom! You've never really lived by those words yourself, so really stop saying that - and by the way while you're at it, could your voice please get out of my head for awhile? It's disconcerting the way you pop up by surprise that way!) Anyways, I splurged on a bag, yes a whole bag, of Bamboo. How could I not? It worked out to only $58.00 Cdn. for 10 balls, and it's pretty certain that it's SWTC's Bamboo given the colours are the exact same. And now, Yarn Discontinued appears to have Cherry Tree Hill sock yarns available for a great price too. Oh. The injustice of all this temptation.

I am patting myself on the back though for working on UFOs - ok in reality they weren't even WIP until a few weeks ago, but I'm going great guns on them! I've been working away on my Party Lace scarf and a new pair of socks. This time I'm making socks for (BF) G. He begged. He pleaded. He bribed. I gave in. After all, I really do appreciate his understanding and support, and let's face it, when I catch him at a weak moment, his enabling of my addiction. He's even promised to either make me, or buy me a swift and ball winder after helping me untangle the mess I made of the skein of yarn for his socks and hearing me rave on after I took a little reconassance mission to the LYS to check out the efficiency of swifts (I think I'm in love. I really really want one.)

So tonight, I hope to really motor through what I'm calling his "Green Bean" socks. I'm using the lovely green yarn my SP sent me a couple of weeks ago, and they remind me of one of our favourite veggies, so thus the name! Well, I'm off to go hide my credit card away so I can't easily grab it in a weak moment of online "window" shopping.

1 comment:

  1. That yarn is beautiful and completely justifiable - I just can't wait to see the finished product!
    Carie

    ReplyDelete