Sunday, September 09, 2007

Christmas Around the World Swap Questionaire

1) Are you religious?

I think I am. I believe in God - just not organized religion at this point in my life

2) How long have you been knitting? Would you consider yourself a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced?

About 28 years on and off. I feel my skills are at the intermediate level

3) Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting?

Scrapbooking when I have the time

4) Favorite color(s)?

Rich colours like plums, purples and blues, but also bright (not neon) colours as well

5) Do you collect anything?

Thimbles - a collection that started when I lived overseas for a year. It was a small, manageable souvenir for myself that was easy to transport. I managed to get one from every place I visited that year! And snowmen - I have a wee obsession.

6) Are you allergic to any fibers or animals?

Nope! :)

7) Do you have any pets?

Two puppies, two cats and numerous fish

8) Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate?

Yummm... all of the above!

9) Cookies or Sweets?

Hmmm. Can I use the "all of the above" answer again? I have an incredible sweet tooth!

10) Do you knit socks?

I love knitting socks!

11) If not socks then what? (tell us about your favorite knits)

I'm also a big fan of knitting bags, and other small quick to finish items!

12) Do you put up a Christmas tree? If not then what do you do?

Yes, Christmas tree goes up every year around the kids' last day of school before holidays

13) Favorite holiday treats?

Shortbread, mulled cider, chocolate

14) Favorite holiday smells?

Cinnamon, cloves... I guess spicy baking type smells

15) Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional or unconventional way? Please elaborate.

Pretty tradional. (Christmas tree, baking, Santa, turkey dinner etc.)

16) What are your favorite holiday traditions?

Picking out and putting up the tree with the kids

17) Finish the sentence: "For me Christmas is all about...."
Spending time with my loved ones

18) If you were a Christmas ornament you would be…….? Oh... probably a snowman. I am a freak for snowmen!!!

19) What was your favorite gift you've ever received? Or given?

It wasn't actually a Christmas gift, but a random gift from my youngest son, Nicholas who was 11 at the time. I have an Italian charm bracelet and one day when we were shopping in the dollar store, I lost Nick for a few minutes. I found him standing at the front counter where they had a display of charms. He was so intent on looking at them and when I asked him to come with me, he stopped me and said, "Mom. You can pick out a charm. I'll buy it for you." I told him that was ok, he could save his money for something special for himself because he never had any money of his own. I couldn't afford to give him allowance and so the only money he ever got was from his birthday or Christmas. He'd got this particular bit ($5.00) of pocket money from helping a friend of mine do some chores. Nick insisted that I pick out a charm for myself and then changed his mind and insisted I pick out two. I was going to decline his offer until he said, "Mom, I really want to buy you them, because it will cheer you up and make you feel better." Nick's Dad and I had just separated a few months before and I guess I wasn't doing as good a job of hiding my sadness as I thought I was. I picked out two charms through teary eyes, and to this day they mean more to me than any other charm on that bracelet.

20) When do you start your Christmas?

I start digging out my snowmen decorations and Christmas CDs at the beginning of December the rest follows gradually!

21) Do you send Christmas cards? Do you make them or buy them?

I try to send cards, but don't always manage. I usually buy them although always have great plans to make them...

22) What is your favorite Christmas dish?

Turkey and all the things that go with a turkey dinner. Can you tell I like food? Hmm. Wonder what that says about me?!?

23) Carolers are at your door. What do you do?

I live in a pretty rough neighbourhood - so carolers haven't come to my door.

24) When do you open presents? Christmas eve or Christmas morning?

The kids are allowed to open a present on Christmas Eve (a long standing tradition from when I was little and the waiting was too much to bear!) but the rest are opened Christmas morning.

25) Do you celebrate with family or friends or both?

Both, friends on Christmas Eve and family on Christmas Day

2 comments:

  1. Great answers to your questionnaire?

    I personally can't wait for this swap to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited too!!! I love the Christmas season and this will make it even more fun!

    ReplyDelete