This, my friends, is the kind of pattern you can whip up in half an hour or less probably. Pre-shrinking your fabric definitely takes longer than cutting out and sewing this baby. It's four seams (if you're doing the chevron like I did) or two if you're doing a solid colour and a waistband. That's it. That's all. Easy peasy.
|Nice, neat and narrow. Borrowing the Jade Skirt waistband.|
I finally got it ironed, put it on and got (BF)G to snap a few photos for me while our Easter supper was cooking this afternoon. It's freezing outside (literally and with a windchill none the less). Five minutes before I ran in the house to change into my spring outfit I was actually wearing my parka, toque and mittens. As soon as the photos were done I was back into jeans and winter wear again. Brrrrrr. Oh the sacrifices I make. LOL
I can see adding more yoga skirts to my wardrobe for spring and summer. I really like the ease and comfort of them. Hopefully though my next ones will be done in a timely manner instead of the ridiculous long term plan I used for this particular one.
I have another skirt that I started early in the fall - the Miette skirt from Tilly and the Buttons that I finished up too the other day, but I need to do some major repair work to it. I tried it on yesterday and noticed it was hanging really funny, which seemed sort of odd since I haven't seen any other Miettes in the blogosphere hanging the way mine was. After close and painful inspection of it I realized what the problem was. I don't know what I was up to the day I cut it out in the fall, nor the day a few weeks ago when I finally hemmed it and put the waistband on (yes... another waistband delay) but the hem is a good 3/4" out on one side compared to the other. I'm really hoping I can selvedge it and still have it wearable. I was going for a similar length to my yoga skirt, but I'm worried it's going to end up much shorter when all is said and done. Wish me luck! I'll either be back next with a new skirt or a sad tale of woe...