Wednesday, December 01, 2021

The Itch to Stitch Poas Jacket

 Well, it's been a bit longer than I though since I last wrote a blog post.  What can I say?  It's been a ridiculously busy fall.  I won't bore you with the details and instead am going to get right down to the point! 

I just wanted to stop in and show off the newest Itch to Stitch pattern that I was lucky to test!  It's the Poas Jacket - a cropped semi-fitted woven jacket with all the trimmings of double princess seams and lots of opportunity for topstitching.  It's in the not so new size range and includes cup sizing making fitting so much easier!

I'm so enamoured with this jacket.  I really had no business sewing a test project when I have a million and one things on my to-do list, but I love wearing my cropped denim jacket I bought about 15 years ago and thought something similar but different would be a great addition to the wardrobe.

I mentioned there is quite a bit of top stitching, which I definitely think adds that professional touch to the jacket, but it was time consuming because I had to keep changing out my threads from seaming to top stitching.  No different than making jeans but to be honest most of the the things I've sewn over the last few years have been pretty basic, so it was a bit of an adjustment to have to slow it down a bit.  Not that it's a bad thing.  I think a "hefty" project every now and again is a great way to get back to the basics of the craft.  Don't worry though - it may have made me slow down my sewing process, but it's not hard to make.  The instructions Kennis provides are, as always, top notch and easy to follow.  She breaks everything down so well.

I think spring and fall is going to see a lot of wear!  I can pair it with my jumpsuits, my dresses and my jeans.  

So I'll leave you with the link in case you want to give it a go yourself.  Click here to go to the Itch to Stitch Website for the Poas Jacket Pattern.  It's even on sale for the release week!

I've got to dash...  It's high time I get the boys and myself out the door to school and work.  





No comments:

Post a Comment