Thursday, May 09, 2024

Algarve

Well holy smokes. It’s been awhile. Life has been busily flying by on me these last few months! I’ve been getting lots of projects done which I always love because I’m always glad to spend time with my creative pursuits. I’ve been knitting on and off and sewing lots of things. When I’m not actually knitting or sewing I’m definitely plotting and planning projects.

I have really scaled back testing patterns and try to be really discerning when choosing which ones to do. Well to be honest I’m trying to be a bit more discerning about what I choose to make in general. Not just diving head first in on the next new shiny thing. (That’s not to say I don’t occasionally fall off my noble project planning wagon - I have some hot pink boiled wool sitting newly in my stash that would definitely go against any and all discernment. Lol)

Anyways I was starting to talk about pattern testing for a reason. I decided to do the Algarve* test - it’s the latest pattern to be released from Itch to Stitch. I had fabric in my stash and I’m in dire need of some new tees this summer. A lot of the tees I have were made several years ago and are definitely getting a bit worse for wear. I had the time and felt it would also be a fairly simple project, so it felt like a good choice.

Sarah stands in front of a tree in a black Algarve top

I’m glad I did test this one! It’s bound to become a TNT pattern for me. It’s neckline is somewhat boat necked with a from and back yoke that help to form a grown on sleeve. The back falls straight from the yoke while the front gathers along the gently curved seam. I Made mine in a size 18 regular and blended to a size 16 at the hips. I also added 1 1/2” of length.

My first version is sewn up in viscose spandex. I’ve had this Lady McElroy Mademoiselle print for several years. (I’m think I was still in the parts room at Gen Mills when I bought it and I’ve been gone from there for six years now) I love the fancy vintage ladies on this fabric but never quite knew what should make with it until now!

Sarah is standing outside wearing a light grey with blue and yellow floral print Algarve tee

My second version is just an inexpensive “fibre content unknown” jersey from a bin at Fabricland. I think I’ve had it tucked away for at least a few years too!

I had fun sewing both versions and am pretty excited to have some fresh new tees for spring! The Algarve pattern is, of course, available as part of the extensive Itch to Stitch pattern collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment