Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I need to find some focus!

My list of WIP include the following:

~ Gathered Pullover - about 13 inches of the body done
~ Gentleman's Winter Socks - one sock done, the other about 1 row in
~ Baby blanket - about 5 inches in - but it's on big needles so I've convinced myself I can get it done in a snap!

Moving from the WIP list to the UFO list (they've been languishing so long that I don't think I can say there is anything in progress about them at this point!)

~ Bunny Slippers - started Xmas '06 need one little ear made and to be sewn together
~ Clementine Shawl - started in Peru, but it's been so long since I worked on this one I've no idea where I was at when I stopped

So as you can see I've lots to occupy myself with already. But instead, what do I find myself doing? Dreaming of new projects. Making wish lists of yarn I need to buy to make the new projects (never mind the fact that really I have yarn enough for 100 different projects probably in my stash).

I am anxiously awaiting some sock yarn I ordered from Etsy. Isn't it pretty?

Then I ordered two patterns from KPixie. Stitch Diva's Simple Bodice I've been wanting forever! And then this new pattern that just caught my eye is from the company that makes Allhemp3.I'm thinking that Elann's Canapone might work.

Long and the short of it though is that I have enough on the go! What am I doing buying more patterns and more yarn? There's only so much time in the day in which a girl can knit. Unless of course that lottery comes through for me and then I can quit my job and sit at home and knit to my heart's content!

All things considered though, given that I'm at work right now (Honestly, I did start typing this on my coffee break - but it's been over for a few minutes now) I guess I should wander back to things here on my desk of more pressing nature. Otherwise lottery win or not I shall find myself unemployed. And if not funded by a lottery win, how will I ever afford more yarn and patterns???

On that note it's hi ho, hi ho... back to work I go!

3 comments:

  1. Sarah: you and I are pretty much on the same journey now, I think. Go with it and enjoy... :-)

    Love the sock yarn... and that Stitch Diva pattern will be fabulous. Ordered it some time back but it is in the to-do pile still. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new yarn, looks so nice and cozy! The two patterns you chose are fab! Can't wait to see them knitted :D
    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I can't wait to get my hands on this project (did I mention that there's a knitted shrug coming with this dress? :P), but first I had another dress on my sewing table, which I need to have done before Easter (I'm hosting an Easter Brunch this year)... so much to do so little time... so I can only second your thoughts :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those two tops...I think part of the fun of knitting is that process of exploration before a new project starts.

    ReplyDelete