Friday, July 11, 2008

Hello again...

It's been awhile!

I feel like I've been a neglectful blogger lately - it's been ages since my last posting. I've been busy though so that's my excuse! I also had a laparoscopy/hysteroscopy and cauterizing of endometriosis two weeks ago that threw me for more of a loop then I cared for, but I won't bore you with the grim details of all that. So onto the interesting (well to me anyways) details of my craftiness!

I haven't actually finished anything, but instead have started a few projects. First up is the ongoing Josephine Top. I'm working on the bust area of the front and it seems to be going along alright. I keep trying it on to see where I want to start the armholes, because I really detest empire waist lines that hit mid-bust instead of just below the bust. I'm hoping to get inspired to continue - I'm getting so close, I don't know why I'm procrastinating on it now. Such is my life as Queen of Procrastination though.

On a whim I decided to re-visit the Clementine Shawlette of last summer. It was so terribly riddled with mistakes that a few months ago I frogged the whole thing back to the beginning and then of course went through some bad karma thing with it two months ago when I started and re-started it about five times at least before throwing in the towel. (You know it's time to say "uncle" when you can't get past row six of a chart and the first four rows are garter stitch!!) Anyways - I picked it up again last week and I'm progressing nicely. Only 8 more inches to go and I can put the first half on a holder and start the second half. I'm still in love with the Drops Alpaca yarn I'm using for it. It is so incredibly soft and I do like the red wine colour too! Makes me happy.

But having two projects on the go of course isn't enough. No. Not for me. April started a shrug this week and of course I was suffering shrug envy - I'm so easily led! I had bought yarn back in January to make the Retro Redux Shrug and kept saying to myself, "I should make that for wearing with summer dresses and tanks", but then I'd forget about it again, until the next time I was on Ravelry and there it was, number one in my queue. So enough was enough. Monday night I cast on for it and so far so good. I'm using Paton's Katrina in Chocolate and I love this yarn (well - I don't love the fact that there are knots tied sporadically throughout the ball, but thanks to my new found skill of doing a Russian Join, I am not too terribly annoyed by it). If only I'd known how much I'd like this yarn I'd have bought more when it was on clearance at Ram Wools. My only worry is for the size I'm making I would like to have four balls of it and I only, as it turns out, have three. I'm crossing my fingers I'll have enough...

I also did the prototype for this year's dresses for the dance group. Not too bad so far, but there are some fit issues with it so it's back to the drawing board to re-work the pattern slightly. Then I've got to come up with the overdress and the tartan sash. Hmmm. To pleat or not to pleat. That is the question. I'll get back to you on that one!

1 comment:

  1. The more projects, the merrier, they say!!!!

    Good to hear from you, Sarah - and glad the medical crap is over. Sigh.