It occurs to me - well rather was bluntly pointed out to me the other day by (BF)G - that I've been a bit negative lately. Stress has a way of making me look at the down side of things, a glass-half-empty kind of attitude. And I've been stressed out lately. Between house hunting and the subsequent purchase of a new house, selling my current house, surgery, recovery, and having a million costumes to sew for the dance group it's all been compiling to make this Prairie Girl unhappy. And when stressed or unhappy I unfortunately make it widely known, at least to my nearest and dearest, that I'm not happy.
So in an exercise of positive thinking (I was watching Robson Arms the other night and the very theme was... positive thinking. Perhaps it was a sign! Probably not, but I digress), I've decided to list some of the things that have made me happy today.
In no particular order of importance...
1. It's Friday. Friday always makes me happy.
2. I've finally finished correcting the lousy temp girl's work - she's no longer here it's ok to say she was lousy that's not being negative it's being honest. (It's only taken me six months to complete so really it is making me very happy to have finished doing her work for her.)
3. I got a hotdog for lunch from the hotdog stand. A big jumbo hotdog complete with mustard relish, ketsup and loads of pickles. God it tasted good.
4. I'm almost done my Josephine Top, at the halfway mark of my Clementine Shawlette and almost done the first of a new pair of Breeze.
5. I'm making the aforementioned Breeze out of Maizy by Crystal Palace, which despite warnings by fellow knitters on Ravelry that the yarn was splitty and difficult and not stretchy and so on and so forth, I'm finding it lovely to work with. I was cautioned to forget cables - not sure why - but they're turning out beautifully. Maybe I got a good batch of Maizy. What else says summer quite like yarn made from corn though?!?
6. G will be home from Calgary (so will my camera that she took with her) in only six more sleeps and N will be home from Whitehorse in three more weeks!
7. We move into our new house in five weeks. AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Ok. I take that back. That makes me more stressed out. I've not even begun to contemplate packing.
7. (Re-visited) It's Friday. Did I mention it was Friday?
So there you go. An odd assortment of things that today have made me happy.