Tuesday, December 08, 2020

A Bit of a Sewing Catch Up

Well hello my lovlies!  I'm back with a post I've been meaning to write for a few weeks now!  I've been busily posting my projects on the new Minerva site.  

Now it's no secret that I LOVE Minerva and they're one of my first stops when I'm looking for fabric, even though they're based in the UK, so shipping is sometimes a bit of a wait (but if we're being honest, where isn't a bit of a wait these days?  I'm currently waiting on things from the city only an hour away, so...).  Their  new site is AMAZING!!!! It's a "one stop shop" - a fabric shop, craft shop, and social media platform all rolled into one.  Have you checked it out at all yet?  You absolutely should if you haven't!  

You can follow fellow makers, see what projects have been made from fabrics you're looking at and search hashtags.  And buying fabrics is as easy as it ever was (And don't worry!  Customer service is still top notch too.  I know, because I already have ordered fabric from the new site.  LOL) 

First things first!  If you want to follow me, just click here and it will take you to my profile.  Next, I want to give you a few glimpses of what I've been posting lately .  Some of these projects I've had in the wings for a bit and others are brand spanking new, straight off the machine a few days ago.  Fun! Fun!!

Let's get down to show and tell without any further rambling from yours truly.  I'll link the projects to my posts on Minerva so you can read all the details!

First there's my Helen's Closet Pona Jacket!  I love how this turned out! I'm definitely planning another version of this for next spring!


My next project was a two for one deal.   I made a Sew Over It Emma dress and then had enough fabric left over to make a Halla Patterns Agnes dress.  Win.  Win!



Next up was a super fun collaborative project I did with the boys.  Having them so involved with the project was awesome!


Then there was the Paper Theory Zadie Jumpsuit.  It is as good as everyone claims.  Seriously!!!!



And the list goes on...  my next make was a project that honestly turned out to be my favourite dress this summer and fall!  It's the Itch to Stitch Anza Dress* and there WILL be another version made.



Which brings me to my two most recent makes!  The Closet Core Patterns Amy Jumpsuit was supposed to be a sneaky last minute summer project, however, one thing led to another and I just finally got the finishing touches done and the jumpsuit photographed the other day.



And last, but certainly not least is my brand spanking new Suki Robe from Helen's Closet.  It is glorious and I love it!  I feel so fancy swanning about the house in it!



So there we go!  Thanks to those of you who are still with me at the end of this very long list.  I'm excited to have all my projects up now and am working away on a new one as we speak.  It's such an honour to be part of the Minerva Makers "team" - a huge thanks to Minerva for generously providing all of the fabrics for these projects!  I can't wait to update you on my newest project when it's finished! 

Until next time, stay safe and healthy and happy crafting!








No comments:

Post a Comment