Monday, February 13, 2023

What Can I Say? I've Been Busy...

Well.  Here we are.  I went to look something up here on the blog the other day and realized it's been more than five months since I was last here.  How the heck did that happen?  I knew it had been a little while, but let me tell you, I was a bit shocked to see my last post was about a late summer sewing project.  Time flies I guess!

I've been keeping myself quite busy in all aspects of life - work is often feeling crazy and overwhelming, the boys are busy, my husband has been working all sorts of extra shifts because no one in his section seems to be able to consistently show up for work, we've had the run of the mill illness and a bout of Covid, a new cat adopted us and I've been doing oodles of crafty type things.  I guess I just put this old blog on the back burner and forgot about it.

But I'm back for today anyways - not going to make any promises of when I'll return because every time I seem to figure I'm going to get back to blogging I don't... I would like to start writing again though, so we'll see.  Even if it's just for the purpose me keeping a journal of sorts. It's nice to look back on things every now and again.

So I won't try to catch you up on all my projects I did since my last posting.  That would take us from here to next Christmas!  (You can click this link to an Instagram reel I did of almost all my sewing projects from 2022 if you're interested)

Today I will just jump in with a fresh start.

Sarah is knitting her Sous-Sous vest in driftwood coloured Berroco Pirouette yarn wearing a wine coloured waffle knit Forget Me Not Patterns Vera Top
Knitting on my Sous-Sous Vest
in Berroco Pirouette Yarn in Driftwood 


In December I decided to pick up my knitting needles and knit each of the kids their Christmas ornaments.  And this time knitting felt good!  So I kept at it.  I knit ten simple stars for the ornaments, then moved on to making fingerless gloves for four of my co-workers as Christmas gifts, then a pair of mittens for myself.  Then I finished a pair of socks I started last year and finished a vest (also started last year!).  Then I cast on another pair of socks which is where I'm at now.


Corkscrew Mitts knit in Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick Yarn in the Carousel Colourway
Corkscrew Mitts by Jill DeMarco knit in Lion Brand Wool-Ease


Swirl E Socks for Susie White of Prairie Girl Designs knit in Estelle Sock Twins in the Sunset Colourway
Swirl E. Socks by Susie of Prairie Girl Designs
knit in the Sunset colourway of Estelle's Sock Twins Yarn

I love enjoying knitting again. I did miss it but it just never felt quite right when I'd try to knit, always feeling forced and cumbersome, so it's good to be back at it.


In progress picture of First Night Socks by Dana Rae Makes knit in a blue multi coloured Happy Feet yarn with contrast cuffs knit in green Sisu yarn
A work in progress -
my First Night Socks by Dana Rae Makes

Don't worry!  I've not abandoned my sewing.  I didn't actually do much in January.  In fact I only sewed one thing - it was the top I'm wearing in the first photo (a Forget Me Knot Vera Top - you can read the details over on the Minerva site if you'd like! But happily I have done a bit of sewing this month already and I have a few more things planned yet for February.  I made a few base layer shirts out of fleece lined athletic knit for my husband using the Helen's Closet Jackson Tee pattern and I've just finished a pattern test for Itch to Stitch* as well that hopefully I'll be able to show you later on this month.  I just cut out a Tilly and the Buttons Agnes Top tonight and I'd like to take a crack at sewing up the Paper Cut Patterns Nova Coat that I cut out a few months back.  Who knows if I'll actually get them done, but that's my unofficial goal in the back of my mind.  We'll see...









No comments:

Post a Comment