Friday, November 23, 2007

Facebook and other fun things in life

Well - here I was all puzzled by the facebook friend request that was sitting in my email inbox this morning. I puzzled until my puzzler was hurting, wondering who this mysterious person was, then wandered off to take a look at the Christmas Around the World Blog and there it hit me smack in the head. The request was from none other than one of the participants of the swap! What fun I've had reading her blog and then of course went back and sent a little hello to her on facebook.

Facebook is fun! For example - I can torture my daughter over it! She sends me requests for rides to dances, the mall etc. And I send her evil little messages back. I can stump my sisters with quizzes about me, which they fail miserably (yes, girls - I made it super hard on purpose. Just to drive you nuts! Isn't that what sisters are for?) Of course, my sister challenged me to an IQ test, in which I didn't do as well as her - only two points less, but I'm blaming outside distractions (I was at work) for my lower score! By the by, it turns out I'm above average smart, so I'm feeling smug lately! Other fun things is keeping track of what people are doing, snooping through friend's pictures (although it really can't be considered snooping if it's out there on the net for all to see). And now, having another way to communicate with someone from around the world from me! Yes, Facebook is fun. And provides a wonderful diversion from the day to day drugery of work. Not that my work is ever drugery nor would I ever seek a diversion from it of course.

For more fun and frivolity check out my latest FOs! (again - there's that smug feeling!)

First up is my "Little Arrowhead Shawl" made for my Christmas swap partner. I love this shawl. It took me twice as long as it should have to knit with my "knit three rows frog back two" pattern I seemed to develop along the way. Something with counting and keeping track of where I am managed to elude me continually. (But I am smart. Facebook told me so!) Anyways, it's finished blocked and I'm really proud of it. I hope my partner likes it!

Next up - another wee giftie for Christmas. Not sure which teenaged girl in my family it's destined for, but it's done and I'm thrilled with it too! It's the bluebell Perdita from Knitty. It took me about an hour to knit last Sunday morning, and then another half hour to sew buttons on and do the small bit of crocheting it required. Isn't it purdy?

Moving right along... (BF)G's sweater is on the home stretch! No pics yet - I promise they're coming soon! Maybe even by the end of the weekend. Depends how much I get done over the next while. I am so close to the finish I can taste it! Oh how I long for the end of the monotony of stocking stitch! I think (BF)G longs for a new cozy sweater to wear at work too - but that's really not as big a motivating factor as the "Holy cow, I'm bored!" factor.

Now. What do I have here? Hmmm... Interesting pile o' fabric. Cut in varying lengths and widths... What am I up to now? Well - stay tuned! I'll show you just as soon as I drag my sewing machine upstairs and manage to get all these random pieces sewn up!

Until then, I bid you all a fond adieu!

2 comments:

  1. Love the fabricks.. and.. hmm... I think you'll have some laugh when your parcel arrives.. :D

    Greetings from your mystery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! I wanna make one now!

    ReplyDelete