Wednesday, June 13, 2007

It's been a long time...

I've been completely neglecting this blog as of late. Not for want of blogging, just lack of time! I've been ridiculously busy over the last few weeks! We've been trying desperately (in between rain and work of course) to get our yard and deck finished. It feels like it's never ending, hopefully this will be the magic weekend though!

So - in light of all manner of busy-ness, I've hardly had time to knit at all! Kristina did provide me with some much needed motivation to get back to working on Samus, and I've managed to get one sleeve finished, and the second one started (only done the cuff and three rows, so not much progress unfortunately). She also kindly provided me with the much needed extra needle when I lost mine in a tragic knitting in transit incident (needle fell through the seat never to be seen again), so I've managed to just today finish the first sock of my lace sock from Knitting Vintage Socks that my wonderful spring fling partner sent me. I will reserve pictures for when I finish the complete items thus providing me with incentive - I will have to get them done. It's only right if I'm promising pics!

What I will show you pictures of are the following:

N, the night of his Annual Parade for 553 Sgt. Tommy Prince Army Cadet Core where he was just awarded his green star level badge and was promoted to Private. Following in Mom's footsteps, he's off to Vernon, BC this summer for 3 weeks for pipeband camp.


G dancing the Sword Dance at the Mid-Canada Championships at the Winnipeg Forks on Saturday, June 9th (she placed 2nd in the sword and was 2nd runner up in her age category of 13-15) Oh by the way she's the dancer in the middle.


Last, but certainly by no means least, may I present to you the newest additions to our family; Guinness and Lucky who will move in with us in about 2 1/2 weeks when they are old enough to leave their mama.



Well, hopefully soon I'll have some knitting pictures to share with you, but for now that's it for me! Pumpkin hour is upon me and I must head off to bed. 4:30am comes way too soon!

1 comment:

  1. Cute little puppies! there's a pattern for a cat bed called the Kitty Pi (you can find it on Wendy Knits), but I'm sure it would work as a Puppy Pi!

    ReplyDelete