Friday, April 05, 2013

A Bit of This And That - A Round Up

Over the last few posts I've showed you a couple of bigger projects - the Storm Fir Shawl and the collection of Hotshots - but over the last month and a half I've been doing some smaller scale projects as well. I thought I'd take a minute to show them to you today.

It seems like the baby boom never ends. So I've been busily crafting for babies to be and babies already born.

This little set of flannel swaddler and Tiny Topper's Cable Tie Topper was made for my great nephew (who, incidentally was just born yesterday! A big congratulations to my nephew and his lovely wife and a warm welcome to the world little man to my great nephew!!) I was worried it might be too warm of a set by the time he was born, but it's still pretty wintery here on the prairies so hopefully it's useful!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Such a fun little set to make!

Next on the baby gift list was a little romper for my friend's not so new arrival (he was born quite a few weeks ago). It's the Austin Lee Romper from Fishsticks Designs, which is a great blank slate type of pattern that can be customized in so may ways! I really love this pattern (although it didn't love me. My stitch ripper got quite a workout. Not sure why. Usually it goes together with no trouble at all)

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Handpainted stencil appliqué makes it easy to create a unique gift!

Then for another friend's baby who was born in the fall (I really am behind on the gift making!!) I knit a pair of baby monkey socks. The real Monkey by Cookie A. are one of my favourite patterns to knit, so I thought what better than a baby sized pair. They did not disappoint and were a pleasure to knit!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Teeny tiny socks!

Next up for another new baby I knit another favourite pattern. It's a similar look to the popular Upside Down Daisy hat, but I find the construction of the leaves and stem a bit easier for me on the Berry Baby Hat. I knit it in cotton so the little one can hopefully use it as a spring hat.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
A little cotton flower.

Last but not least in the baby gift list (for now... The next wave starts in May) is another favourite of mine, the Charlie Hoodie also by Fishsticks Designs.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Cuddly, cozy fleece

Non baby crafting was happening as well! Little Toddler Man had his ice show in mid March to showcase all they had learned at skating lessons throughout the winter. He needed a pirate costume so I whipped one up out of old fabric I had in my stash. But then my friend Stacy mused that a parrot would really top it off. Of course I latched onto that like a dog with a bone. Three days before the ice show I cast on. LTM was ecstatic!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
The costume - using N's old "kilt shirt".

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
The parrot!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Almost ready for the show!

A while back I'd made a quick cel phone cover for my new phone. I used a self drafted pattern and am pretty happy with it although I'd planned on 1/2" seam allowances when I cut it out and by the time I sewed it I used 3/8" so it was a tad roomy, but it works well enough. My SIL saw mine and asked me to make her one so I used a sample fabric I'd got a couple years ago from Spoonflower and whipped up one for her. Eventually I may even remember to get it to her... It's been sitting on my dresser for about two weeks now.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
One for me!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
One to give away!

Another fun gift I made was for my friend's own little toddler man. I perused the Internet for pictures of car wallets and couldn't decide which I like the best so I made a pattern that is pretty much a mash up of all the different features I liked. I think the fact it has a little "road" is one of my favourite parts! It has room to park three Hot Wheels and velcros shut. I'm definitely going to make my little boys their own.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Vvroom! Cars to go!

The very last project I want to show you is Baby Boy's apron he requested - a black and white kitty. I just made it yesterday and am really tickled that he loved it so much that he wore it all morning! It's from McCalls #6298

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
My toddler sous chef ready to work!

Phew! That was a lengthier round up than I thought. It's been a productive two months for me I guess! I hope you enjoyed seeing my latest little projects. I certainly enjoyed making them. I think I'll be shifting gears a bit now though. I'm working on a few projects for me right now that I'm pretty excited about and just signed up for Luvinthemommyhood's spring top KAL. It's going to be a busy few weeks crafting wise, but hopefully I end up with some nice new things in my wardrobe for spring and summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment