My first frustration was my muslin. Thank goodness I decided to make a muslin for my Jenny dress. Lessons learned and all that from my Rebecca Shift. Had I not done a muslin I would have ended up with a totally unwearable dress. Or unwearable for me anyways! I ended up with the bodice/waist seam hitting about a an inch and a half too high. Yikes!!!! I'll let your imaginations run wild with where that empire seam landed. Not good. Not good at all.
So not to be daunted I fixed my pattern, following the same width, but cutting two lines below to increase the front length. Of course when I started sewing my second muslin I completely forgot about my pattern adjustments and ended up with a very puzzling looking front of my bodice when I lined my notches up and stitched.
|Something just doesn't look right here...|
Muslin done, seams where they are supposed to be, fit good. Yay!!!!!!! I think, judging by my muslin, that I will choose to do the lower neckline instead of the higher one and I am debating using the wider option waistband. But at least I'm a step closer to my dress being started!
My Myrna was coming along fabulously. Or so I thought. It is a quick knit and within a few days I was ready to start the waist shaping. Except I had a little voice in the back of my head telling me that it was looking more than a little bit large for more than a few rounds. Finally I decided to heed that nagging voice and put my Myrna on scrap yarn. OH MY WORD!!!!! It's huge. Close to a 49" circumference at the bust. And long. Way too long. The armholes are close to 12".