Sunday, March 26, 2017

#2017MakeNine - Make 1

Holy smokes!  Would you look at that!  I said I'd be back and here I am and months haven't gone by.  It's some sort of blogging miracle!  LOL

As a recap, the #2017MakeNine challenge was started by Rochelle of Lucky Lucille and I picked the following nine for myself.



The patterns I chose are the following:

By Hand London : Anna
Closet Case Files : Ginger Jeans and Morgan Boyfriend Jeans
Colette Patterns : Myrtle Dress
Paprika Patterns : Jade Sweater and Dress
Sew Over It :  Anderson BlouseBettyMolly Top and Vintage Shirt Dress

I feel like I took the easy way out and started with my TnT (tried and true) Sew Over It's Molly Top.  This is my third one and I reach for it all the time.  I wasn't sure if I liked it in the super drapey viscose blend jersey that I ordered from Minerva Crafts in January.  The jersey is absolutely heavenly to wear, but I wondered if the top itself was a bit too flowey for my curves (as in I hope it doesn't look maternity-ish - yikes!), but I've decided I don't care.  It is so comfortable.  I did add a wee bit of length to it as I wear it often to work and the last thing I feel like worrying about as I climb up and down ladders or bend and stoop to grab things is if my fish white belly is hanging out or even worse if I have the dreaded "plumber butt" look going on.  Eeeek!  I was generous with my length adding too, because if I have no other talents in this world, I excel at the one in which I can shrink pretty much anything at all.


When I ordered the blue marl jersey I also ordered a pink and purple striped jersey as well.  I had started out initially to make a Day Tripper by Schwin Designs.  What a disappointment.  Sizing seems to be huge on it (of course nearly every review I read after the fact mentions the sizing), the length was laughably long on me and the width careened towards sack like rather than merely slouchy or relaxed.  Given I was worried about it being too small going off my measurements I was pretty surprised by the end result.  (Note to self: read reviews before starting out.  Not after.) Also?  Every time I look at the fabric I think of the damn Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.  Not that I have anything against it per say.  But I do NOT want to look like it.  I think it'll become a pj top at some point.  It's not a going out in public top.  That's for sure.  I really wish I'd stuck with my TnT Molly.  The fit is great and it always looks good in a stripey jersey.  Woe is me.

So that's update number one.  Next time I'm back I'll talk about my second make of my #2017MakeNine patterns!








No comments:

Post a Comment