Friday, March 13, 2020

A New Cardigan

It seems sort of frivolous to be posting about things like regular day to day things like new patterns, but I know for my own sense of mental health and well being I absolutely can't focus all my energy and thoughts on the current state of the world.  Anxiety looms heavily waiting to pounce at any moment and I am doing my best to not let myself be sucked in  or consumed by it.  I'm doing my best to remain calm - we are prepared and keeping ourselves informed through reputable and reliable sources and we are doing everything we can to maximize our chance of staying healthy.

So on a much lighter note, let me introduce you to an easy to sew, quick to make new cardigan pattern. This is the Castillo Cardigan* from Itch to Stitch.  I was quite excited to test this one as I am weak when it comes to a new cardigan.  I wear them so often and it's nice to branch out from my rotation of  ITS Avieros and Helen's Closet Blackwoods.



This one has a simple open front design and a unique shoulder shaping detail that uses darts.  It also has a hood of cozy proportions!  Side slits add interest as well!


Also, pockets!!!! Would you look at those pockets.  Ok, I know they're hard to see because I didn't take any close up shots, but they are a lovely large size!


One of the things I really like about the Castillo is the length.  I love a cardi that hits between the lower hip and mid thigh.  

The other thing I absolutely adore about this cardigan is the finishing on the hood seam.  The entire seam is covered by either twill tape or grosgrain ribbon if twill tape is unavailable.  I was hoping to find gray or blue for my cardi, but had to settle for black as that's all my local shop had available unfortunately.  You could even get some fun printed ribbon or tape and really let your personality shine through on this detail.

If you're wanting to pick up a copy for yourself, it is on sale currently for the release week!  Just pop on by to the ITS site.

Stay safe and healthy my friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment