Tuesday, January 19, 2021

The Lamma Hoodie and Sweatshirt

 Hello again! It’s been awhile.  I’m popping in today to tell you about the newest pattern I tested for Itch to Stitch* 


It’s the Lamma Hoodie and Sweatshirt, which is a raglan sleeved, princess seam top with the option of either a hood or cowl neck as well as either thumb hole or regular cuffs. The Lamma also has in seam pockets. I can understand if you’re thinking it sounds like at least a dozen other patterns already out there already, but the difference with this one is that it has the perfect potential for colour blocking which is perfect for using up those pieces of fabric in your stash that are a decent size, but not quite big enough that you know what to use them for.  It also comes in regular and full bust sizing from 00-40.


For mine I chose to use a heavier cotton lycra paired with a sweater knit that was actually left over from the Blackwood cardi I made for my daughter for Christmas a couple of years ago.  I sewed a size 18 (full bust) and graded it down in the hip to a sixteen.  The only change I made to the pattern was to add 1 " of length.

I completely forgot (I'd forget my own head these days if it wasn't firmly attached) to take photos of the back of my sweater, and it's currently in the washing machine, so I'm including a photo of the pattern line drawings here.  I did my back centre panel in the sweater knit and the yoke in the black cotton lycra.


Lamma is on sale for the release week for $10.40USD for the release week over at the Itch to Stitch site.





No comments:

Post a Comment