Monday, June 05, 2023

Santorini Tank


Well hello all you lovely people in the “Internet Lands”!  Here I am swanning back in to do a drive by post like I haven’t been gone for a month and a half.  I’ve had good reason though.  I’ve been busy! In fact we just had another family wedding this past weekend.  I’ll have to tell you about that another day because I need to sort through the photos and I want to tell you about the dress I made. Today I’m actually popping in to show you a new top that I made when I tested the pattern for Itch to Stitch* recently.

This is the Santorini Tank. It’s a woven top with princess seams and a cute button placket down the left side of the top.  The pattern comes in the standard Itch to Stitch size and cup range. The only changes to the pattern that I made was to add some length to the upper half of the bodice as I normally do with all Itch to Stitch patterns and instead of doing buttonholes I simply sewed the buttons down through both plackets as non-functional buttons. I did test out first if I’d be able to get in and out of it without opening it and because I could and I knew I would struggle to fasten buttons along my side I opted to do the non functional placket. I’m quite happy with how it all worked out!

I made mine from left over linen/viscose fabric from my birthday dress that I made for my 50th almost two years ago. I was really excited because the pattern gave me an opportunity to use up every last little scrap of this fabric that I loved so much! I did have to piece one facing using some left over navy linen from my Brampton shorts but you can’t tell. I did the centre of the facing navy and the rest in the print.


The Santorini Tank has just been released and as usual it is on sale with a bit of a discount for the release week on the Itch to Stitch site.

Now I’m off again, but hopefully I’ll be swanning back in sooner rather than later. (Can you believe I even had a half done post sitting in my file from midway through Me Made May that I never finished? Guess that ship has sailed. Lol!)

No comments:

Post a Comment