Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Busy, busy, busy!

I've been so busy sewing, knitting, and, well, living, I haven't had time to blog about anything for ages.

I shouldn't be blogging now.  I should be getting ready for Baby Boy's first birthday party!  I can't believe my wee little boy is turning one in two short days!  How did that happen so fast??

I thought I'd do a quick round up of my month's work!

Sleepy Baby models his newest pjs - Fishsticks Designs Lazy Days Lounge Set with modified sleeves

LTM in his Thomas pjs - Fishsticks Designs Charlie Tee and bottoms from Kwik Sew 3126
Fishsticks Designs Little Fishies Undies because apparently every other pair LTM owns are "TOO TIGHT MOMMY"

Felt Tools and Toolbox from Serving Pink Lemonade
Fishstick's Designs Austen Lee Coverall - 1st version (before the toddler/scissors incident) with modifications


Fishsticks Designs Austen Lee Coverall Version 2 with modified sleeves and legs
So mostly practical sewing - except the tool box and the Austen Lee Coveralls those are for a swap with  my October 2010 Mommies Group.  The first set, you'll notice the caption mentions a toddler/scissor incident... let's just say I'm quite proud to say I did not yell, cry or scream even... and the toddler is still here.  Very proud indeed.  I had just finished the last of the snaps on the legs, folded the outfit neatly to be wrapped and stepped away from the kitchen counter for a second to put the remaining snaps up where no little fingers could grab them and try to eat them.  As I turned back to the kitchen, my heart almost stopped to see LTM with a pair of children's craft scissors (that honestly barely cut paper) in his pudgy little toddler hands.  

With my cry of "Noooooooo..." he happily said, "I helping you Mommy! I cutting the fabric for you!"  Sigh... Of course the scissors that barely cut paper had managed to see fit to work just fine on my just finished gift.  Back to the drawing board.  I mended the back of the romper so Baby Boy is able to get use out of it, but without enough tool fabric to make a new romper I had to figure out something different.  

Truth be told, I kind of like the second version better.  I did a much better job modifying the cuffs on the sleeves and the ankles, and I think it looks better with the contrast instead of the all over print. Or maybe I've just convinced myself of that so I feel better! Ha ha!  I also did the next size up after realizing my little swap partner is taller than baby boy and the first romper fit baby boy to a tee.  So important lesson learned.  Do NOT turn your back on a two year old with go-go gadget arms that might snag a pair of scissors in the blink of an eye.

I've been knitting too - catching up on some blanket squares and strips for different group blankets my fellow Summer Mommies 2009 group are making for new babies that are expected in our little circle.  I'm looking forward to finishing my commitments for those so I can get back to knitting other things.  

The rest of this week will see me busy with prep for the aforementioned birthday and then next week I'm going to take the plunge and jump into the Kids Clothing Week Challenge hosted by Elsie Marley.  We'll see how well I do...

2 comments:

  1. your project looks fantastic :) so sorry bout the craf scissors accident ;) but you managed to create sth wonderfull from the rests :) well done :)

    ReplyDelete