Thursday, November 12, 2020

Sew Beautiful : Carlsbad Cardigan

 I'm back again today with another make from the soon to be released "Sew Beautiful" book by Kennis Wong of Itch to Stitch designs.

Sew Beautiful Cover Photo

If you've followed me on social media at all, or know me in person, you've probably seen this cardigan a million times over because it is one of my ultimate favourites!  I knew it was going to be on heavy rotation in my wardrobe as soon as I tested the pattern and I wasn't wrong.  It's the perfect layering piece.  

Sew Beautiful : Carlsbad Cardigan Side View

Mine is made from a lightweight viscose blend jersey knit that was purchased from Minerva.  It's got a great drape and was the perfect weight for the Carlsbad!  I like that it's lightweight enough for warmer temps when there's a bit of a chill in the air, but with the cascading fronts I can wrap myself up in it when it's suddenly chillier than expected.  I've seen a few testers that made longer versions and I'm eager to try that for myself too!  (I do so love a long cardi!!)

Sew Beautiful : Carlsbad Cardigan All Wrapped Up

At first glance I thought the front corners would be hard to do, but I quickly realized they're not at all!  The whole cardigan goes together so easily and quickly just like all the patterns in the Sew Beautiful book!

Sew Beautiful : Carlsbad Cardigan Front View

Have you pre-ordered your copy yet? It's gone straight onto my Christmas wish list! As I mentioned the other day, there are eight patterns to make (from sizes 00-20) and most have more than one variation.  They're all designed with a beginner sewist in mind, with no zips or closures to worry about, but more advanced sewists will enjoy the designs as well!

It's on pre-order through Amazon in Canada as well as many other countries around the world!  

Here are all the links to pre-order:


No comments:

Post a Comment