Monday, July 02, 2007

Happy Canada Day Weekend

I hope everyone had a great Canada Day yesterday! I meant to post this yesterday, but between running around after the puppies who just came home on Saturday, and going to the annual Canada Day BBQ at, Geri's house, computer time was just not happening for me!
I made my usual cake for the festivities yesterday and was really happy how it turned out, other than a bit of whip cream on top of some of the berries, and that was thanks to a certain four legged beastie who thinks that when I'm in the kitchen he should stand right on top of my feet! But I think it still looked great if I can toot my own horn!

Speaking of four legged wee beasties, Lucky and Guinness came home as mentioned on Saturday. They've been pretty good, just busy, busy, busy. They are very loveable though, which is a good thing given the fact that the first night Lucky cried the entire night long. One of their favourite things to do it would seem is romp around in the back yard so I've been spending huge amounts of time out there with them. They don't seem to be as bothered by the mosquitoes as I am. And if they can find a wet muddy spot to play in, all the better.

In terms of knitting, I managed to get some done yesterday while they were napping. I've been concentrating on my knitting for the ITEIV that wraps up at the end of July. I haven't taken any pics yet, but will as soon as I am finished with them. Yes, I said them, I'm actually knitting two to send my partner's way. There is a method to my madness and all will be revealed eventually! Ha ha! My only disappointment with the first one, is that I ran out of yarn, and Ram Wools has no stock left in the colour I was using and a contrast just didn't seem to work. All I had left to do were the handles, so it's back to the drawing board for a different handle option. I love the pattern I chose though and will definately make it again for myself! I used Ram Wool's Cotton Bag pattern with SRK Super 10 cotton. By the way, Super 10 is fantastic to knit with, and there are more colours in their line than you could ever imagine!

Well, it sounds pretty quiet upstairs in the kitchen... maybe I have a few minutes of knitting time before I start round number four of outdoor, mud and muck fun!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:46 PM

    Cute puppies! Love the names.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake looks great! And the puppies are adorable - zuma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puppies! Congrats - little wild budles of joy! I bet they even still have puppy breath - sigh. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for noticing how handsome my cat Dickens is and for your interest in my DIY swift. I tried to be as clear as possible, but if you, or anyone, runs into any problems, please feel free to contact me. It probably took longer to type up the directions than it did to put the swift together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your cake looks great! And the puppies are ADORABLE! Aw, puppies.

    Man, the Canadian flag sure lends itself to yummy looking cakes! I'm not sure how the stars and stripes would look in cake form. Blueberries, maybe? And pineapple chunks for the stars? And think how hard the Union Jack would be!

    -Secret Pal (sorry, I deleted my one above because I realised I didn't identify myself. Hi, I'm a moron who needs to go to bed!)

    ReplyDelete