Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Still crafty...

I realized it's been ages since I did a post on knitting or sewing. I have been doing things. At least I think I have. How long has it been? Wow. Over a month! How'd that happen?

I guess this warrants a bit of a round up so here goes!

First up would be a new pair of training pants for Baby Boy. They're from the Tinkle Time Pocket Trainer pattern, although I did alter the pocket more to my liking. It's a pretty good pattern. This is my second time making it. I made a Pair back in the spring for LTM.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Ready for potty training!

Next up was a gift for a friend's little girl. I modified the Habitual Kimono Top so that it would be double layered and a Velcro close. The "baby legs" and hat are my own design and the little knit gnome from Plain and Joyful Living.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
For Baby Girl!

Then I had another baby gift to make for another friend. Apparently I'm big into gnomes right now because I chose to make him a "Dangly Dell" from Little Oke Dolls. I also couldn't resist freezer paper stenciling a little onesie for him!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Gnome!!!!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Fun with freezer paper

Moving along, a good friend of mine has been going through some trying times lately and I really wanted to send her something to let her know I was thinking of her and hopefully brighten her day. I chose to do my very favourite tea wallet pattern and a mug rug from Molly's Meanderings. I love this design and will make it again many times I'm sure!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Tea makes everything better. Or at least not as bad.

I also did a couple things for me!!! First would be a "too long on the needles" WIP. My lace weight clapotis. This thing did not want to be finished. I can't tell you how many times the stitches and bazillion stitch markers were accidentally (or not...) removed from the needles. Ugh. Anyways. I started this baby in December of 2009. So very glad to have it done!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Finally Done!

Then I finished my summer dress. (a modified Simplicity 2180) Unfortunately after the warm weather had passed. It was a rather nippy +8C when this picture was taken.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Maybe next summer this will get some wear...

Oh! And I almost forgot! I used a tutorial to whip up a mei-tai carrier for a friend's little girl so she can wear her baby just like her mama. Baby Boy and LTM both want one for their dolls now too. LTM and "he's a big boy, not a baby, Mommy" doll were happy to pose for a quick pic. I think the boys will have slightly less floral carriers. I believe I have a monkey fat quarter perfect for Baby Boy and an awesome bug print for LTM! Just need some time...

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Happy boy wearing his doll!

Speaking of time, it's high time I get back to house work. I have puppy treats to get made, supper to figure out and a disaster of a "no longer a teen/should be able to clean it themself but isn't here to do so" bedroom to straighten before our houseguest arrives tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment