Saturday, February 22, 2020

The Betty-Anna Dress

Hello again!  I'm back already!  It seems to always go like this - radio silence for weeks on end and then suddenly I'm popping back in all the time.  LOL!

I'm back here today because I've got another project up on the Minerva blog today!  This is a dress that combines two of my favourite dress patterns that I was able to bring to life when Minerva sent me the most gorgeous large scale John Kaldor cotton sateen last summer.  The fabric was silky smooth and gloriously lightweight and perfect to mash up a By Hand London Anna dress bodice with the swishiness of the Sew Over It Betty's skirt.  This dress is everything I love in a dress.  Fitted bodice, swingy full skirt and of course pockets!!!


I am absolutely dying to wear it, and hoping spring hurries the heck up here on the prairies so I can dig out my favourite red Lotta from Stockholm clogs and throw on my Betty Anna!

You can hop on over to the Minerva blog to read all the details about the dress and find links to the fabric.  They seem to be out of stock on the exact colour way I used, but they still have a gorgeous navy and aqua one available!

In the meantime I'm off now to the first of our Atom C the games for the playoff series.   Tom has woken up in "tank" mode this morning and is predicting a win (and another goal for himself) ...  Go Redwings! Let's hope he's right!

2 comments: