Kristina has tagged me.
Here are the rules of the game according to Kristina, (who got the rules from Julie McC.
List 7 random things about yourself on your blog.
Tag 7 others.
Leave a comment on their blog to direct them to your site to get the rules.
Oh yeah... and we figure no tag backs...
Thankfully unlike most chain mail these days there were no threats of dismal predictions of what my life would become if I didn't send this out right away to contend with! Phew!
Anyways here goes....
SEVEN RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME!
1) I am third youngest of eight kids. My oldest brother and youngest brother are 33 years to the day apart and my oldest brother is only 10 years younger than my mom. This one stumped the security clearance people back when I was in the military. They kept rejecting my application for clearance based on the fact that I must have listed the birth dates incorrectly. Apparently, what they couldn't understand was the term half-brother. My oldest three siblings have a different mom than the rest of us. (well I guess that's more a random family fact than one just about me - but whatever!)
2) I am frighteningly organized in my work life (good thing being a library technician), and woefully unorganized in my home life! My book truck and desk at work are always kept in order - yet at home I currentlly can't find my tax return statement that I got in the mail last month. Aggghhh.
3) My favourite place in the world is my Aunt Flora's front lawn, which unfortunately is no longer available to me because when I was there last summer, my Aunt had gone into a nursing home and her children were selling the property. It will be gone now I'm sure, as it was prime real estate on the Okanagan lake.
4) I almost always re-read my favourite books. For example... I read Anne of Green Gables when I was seven. It was my favourite book. In grade nine, when we had a choice of what book to study in language arts I chose Anne of Green Gables. I didn't tell the teacher I'd read it for the first time seven years earlier and re-read probably a hundred times in the time in between.
6) When I was fifteen I had the biggest celebrity crush ever on Tom Cruise. I find it embaressing now, but when I was a teenager, I loved him in the movie Top Gun and had a huge poster of him on my bedroom door. Well that is until the night the tape gave way and the poster fell down making the worst noise ever, frightening me half to death. Poster never went back up, and well, now Tom Cruise is just weird.
7) Snakes make me cry. I am that afraid of them. Even harmless (but terrifying) garter snakes. I don't even like to see them at the zoo behind the glass.
There you go! Seven random facts about yours truly!
Now it's your turn should you have the time and inclination...
This Kitten Knits
Wow! I had a comment already this morning in regards to this post! I've removed it, because really this is all about fun, and I don't feel like having someone's insulting, rude comments regarding my current thoughts on Tom Cruise sitting here spitting venom at people who enjoy my blog. I feel that it's completely within my right not to accept comments that call me names, say derogatory things about an entire nation based on whether or not I like a movie star etc. Some people are odd. It kind of boggles the mind, but I guess it takes all types! Now, go forth and have fun with your random facts, ladies!