Saturday, November 18, 2006

Knitting Tragedy

Well, it's happened. After learning a very hard lesson about the importance of doing gauge swatches, and spending forever knitting a couple of inches of my red sweater for the Red Sweater KAL, I decided that I hated the pattern, the drape, the look, the feel, well... pretty much all of it. So, ribbit, ribbit, ribbit back to the beginnings of what could have turned out to be the worse sweater in my possession.

Sigh. Now it's back to the drawing board. Here I sit with six lovely balls of Sirdar Country Style DK in a rich cranberry colour that I have no idea what to do with. (BF) G is begging for a sweater. Maybe I'll give into his pleading if I can find a good pattern for him. Otherwise I may say to heck with the whole bloomin' thing and just give it up (well for this weekend anyways).

I've been a little discouraged with the knitting this weekend. I haven't done anything with the curling edges of N's anarchy scarf. I can't believe I didn't think about it when I was blithely knitting along in stocking stitch the whole time. Aggghhhh. I know better! I have got maybe seven more rows done on my Irish Hiking Scarf and my little project I did for my coffee swap has had less than desired results to say the least. Baby R (nephew) was over tonight and his little socks are too little for his huge baby feet. Well, they fit, but just barely. Woe is me. Nothing is turning out the way it's supposed to right now. Well knitting wise anyways.

The rest of the weekend's been ok. Had a fun night with (BF) G, N and G last night. J was out partying as 16 year olds are wont to do. Then this morning, G had a fantastic competition. Oh I should mention G not only eats, breathes, and sleeps Shakespeare, she also lives for competitive highland dancing!

Please allow me to brag for a moment... she's done really well in the last year with dance (was third runner up for the province in the spring, then a runner up at Mid-Canada Championships in June then won the trophy at Interprov in Calgary for Restricted Highlands for her age group, and has just done generally well in competition overall.) Today she placed in all her dances, getting a 2nd, three 3rds and 2 4ths. I think it maybe a first for her placing in every single dance! She was ecstatic to be back up in the top three again! Way to go G! Practicing is really starting to pay off for her!

Tonight we had a big family dinner to celebrate G and J's birthdays last week. (BF) G outdid himself with the supper. Wow! We had a couple different kinds of stews that he had simmering all day! Yum, yum, yum!

Hopefully tomorrow is a better knitting day. Should have some time anyways. Is it wrong to take knitting to a Grey Cup party? Well. I guess I'd should wander off and put on my "Mom as a Taxi Driver" hat and go deliver J's girlfriend home.

1 comment: