Friday, November 17, 2006

Musings on Coffee...

Well as part of the Coffee Swap we've been asked to write about our favourite spots for getting coffee. Hmmm. I have so many to choose from, I don't think I can pinpoint an all-time favourite!

Right now I love Starbucks because you just can't get anything more fall-like than their Pumpkin Spice Latte! Yum! So smooth and sweet it conjurs up a sense of coziness with the first sip! There's just something about it that I can't get enough of!

Then there's Expresso Junction which is located in the Johnston Terminal of the historic Forks here in Winnipeg. The coffee is good - and it's a great place to get beans in bulk. They'll even roast them with different flavours on request. They just need a couple of days turn-around time because they do it off sight. Boyfriend G really appreciates the Coconut Cream they did up for him a few weeks ago! Beyond the coffee I love the ambiance of the Forks! The sights, sounds and smells are wonderful!

Next in line would have to be Just Desserts Cafe. Walk across the bridge from the Forks into the French Quarter and there you'll find a treasure of a cafe nestled in amongst the other buildings. They make the most unbelievable desserts (Mile High Apple Pie, 24-Carat Cake, Smoo Torte... sigh) and nothing compliments a sweet treat like a great cup of coffee!

Of course I'd be remiss as a Canadian citizen if I didn't mention Tim Horton's or Timmies as most of us refer to it. The phrase "double-double" became so well known because of Timmies that it's even been added to the dictionary. You can't beat a large English Toffee Cappuccino first thing in the morning on your way into work! And in the summmer... well there's just nothing that could be better than a cold, frosty Ice Cap. It's just one of those things!

Depending on how the weekend goes and if I can fit it in between the highland dance competition, N's robotics class, a family dinner and the Grey Cup, I might even add some pictures to go along with my musings.

No comments:

Post a Comment